Fonts and Styles
- Only use font specified by myreportdoc templates i.e. Arial.
- Minimum font size – 12 point (14 point if possible).
- Use bold and underline carefully i.e. do not highlight more than a few words.
- Don’t use capital letters in blocks.
- Italics should be used appropriately e.g. for publication titles or Latin words only.
- Text should always be left aligned – not fully justified.
- Spell out acronyms when using for the first time and put them in brackets at first use.
- Single column format only – avoid double columns.
- Be consistent with chosen styles throughout document.
- Whole words carried over to the next line, rather than split across two lines.
- Don’t have blank pages in documents.
Colour and Images
- Ensure high contract between text and background colour e.g. black on white. Do not add colour background.
- Do not put text over images, pictures or graphics.
- Any information conveyed within images must also be suitably described with text. Avoid setting text around illustrations too.